By Meghan Montemurro
Besides glorious weather everyone can experience while attending the 2014 Association for Women in Sports Media convention in Orlando this May, there are other great options to check out while visiting. Here are five good ones to get your started. Let us know in the comments if you have more.
1. One of the top attractions in Orlando is Walt Disney World. From the Magic Kingdom to Universal Studios, there are plenty of fun rides and activities for all ages.
2. If you’re looking for a fun group activity, the Blue Man Group performs at Universal Studio Plaza. The show incorporates art, technology and music and if you really want to get the full experience, try sitting in the front rows.
3. Shingle Creek Golf Course is a convenient and beautiful location for any avid golfer. Part of the Rosen Shingle Creek complex where the convention is being held, the golf course is easy to access. The golf course is being aerated this spring, but that means lower rates. AWSM attendees are also entitled to a discount.
4. Florida is known for its wildlife and for anyone interested in getting an up-close look, visiting Orlando’s Gatorland is a great option. Gatorland has 3,000 gators, 89 crocodiles and bird and snake exhibits.
5. Searching for nighttime entertainment? Eola Wine Company is located in downtown Orlando and a variety of wine selections from New Zealand to South Africa. The outdoor tables provide views of Lake Eola Park and the city skyline.