Association for Women in Sports Media
Student Chapter Application for AWSM membership
If you have any questions, feel free to email Gina. Also, check out student chapter FAQs here.
Include the following with your application packet:
1. The questionnaire below
2. A roster of interested chapter members, including email addresses. (Note: All chapter members must already be student members of national AWSM in order to be counted toward roster total at time of application. Students can register and pay the $25 annual fee at awsmonline.org)
3. A list of officers or potential officers (a president must be in place at time of application)
4. A resume from the student chapter president
5. A one-page letter explaining why you would like to start an AWSM student chapter, your overall vision/goals for the chapter and what you hope national AWSM can provide
6. A brief letter from your faculty advisor explaining their planned involvement with the student chapter
7. An outline of your short-term and long-term plans for the chapter, including potential guest speakers, events, etc. (like a syllabus for a class)
8. Proof from your university that you would be recognized as an official student organization, including any qualifications/requirements national AWSM should be aware of
We thank you for wanting to be part of the AWSM family!
(please type this form out, handwritten forms will not be accepted.)
Name of representative applying for AWSM chapter:
Student or faculty advisor (circle one):
Name of student chapter president:
Name of faculty advisor:
Is there a local AWSM member or university alumnae who could serve as a professional mentor? If so, include email address and phone number.