Stefanie Loh, a sports reporter at the Harrisburg Patriot-News, has been named editor of the AWSM website, VP/Online Nicole Vargas announced.
Loh was unanimously appointed by the AWSM board as an coordinator, effective immediately.
“Over the past few months, we have made great progress in enhancing AWSM’s web presence,” Vargas said. “But to really do it right, a team of talented individuals is needed. No one is better to head that team than Stef, and I couldn’t be happier to have her on the board.”
Loh will be directly responsible for the ongoing operations of the awsmonline.org website.
“I’m grateful for the opportunity to join the board and extremely excited to help launch AWSM’s new web team,” Loh said. “We have lots of ideas for new initiatives, and it should be a very interesting year ahead.”
In addition to posting content generated by the AWSM board or on behalf of board, she will manage a volunteer staff of content producers. She also will work directly with Vargas on larger web initiatives.
The content producers will be part of the new AWSM web team, which will be comprised of as many as 14 volunteers serving in a range of digital positions. Commitments are for one year, with the option to extend after Jan. 1, 2012.
The following positions are available, with number of available slots in parentheses.
- Social media coordinator (1-2): Oversee the maintenance and expansion of AWSM social media profiles onFacebook and Twitter.
- E-mail marketing administrator (1): Oversee the maintenance of AWSM’s Constant Contact account.
- Career center administrator (1): Collect job opportunities and post them on LinkedIn Jobs. Assist in development of a future career-oriented application hosted on AWSM website.
- Student/media resource center administrator (1): Oversee a future application that will serve as a multimedia resource center on the AWSM website.
- Website content developers (4-8): You pitch a beat, and we’ll give you a shot! Beats can include, but are not be limited to, member news and notes (our version of an AWSM water cooler), trends in media today, balancing life and career or best practices. Columnists willing to share their opinions are welcome. Content targeting specific fields — print, television or online journalism, sports information, public relations, and education — also would be considered. Ideally, content would appear monthly.
Applicants must be active AWSM members (student or professional) and have some experience in the field in which they are applying. Additional training will be provided. Applicants must be available for a monthly conference call. Above all, the ideal candidates can generate fresh ideas, meet deadlines, learn quickly and share an enthusiasm for expanding AWSM’s web presence.
To apply for this fun (and not to mention résumé boosting!) opportunity, send an e-mail with a short bio to Vargas at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is Friday, April 1.